About Ohlone College
A World of Cultures United in Learning
The Ohlone Community College District is a multi-campus single community college district located in the southern portion of the San Francisco Bay in California. Serving almost 16,000 students per year, the District has a main campus in the City of Fremont, campus in the City of Newark, and online.
Ohlone College is an ethnically diverse institution that promotes innovation and continuous improvement in departments and divisions. The College is named for the native population living in the area when Mission San Jose was founded.
The Fremont campus is located just south of the historical Mission close to Interstate 680. The Newark campus is located near Interstate 880 and emphasizes programs in health, environment, and technology. (Maps and Directions.)
- Ohlone enrolls over 16,000 students per year at three campuses: Fremont, Newark, and online.
- Ohlone offers 197 associate degrees and certificates, including 24 associate degrees for transfer (ADT), 53 associate degrees (AA or AS), 28 certificates of achievement, and 92 certificates of accomplishment.
- In 2015-2016, 823 Ohlone students transferred to baccalaureate colleges and universities, including 441 students to California State University campuses, 174 students to University of California campuses, 64 students to in-state private colleges and universities, and 144 students to out-of-state colleges and universities.
- In 2015-2016, 947 Ohlone students graduated with associate degrees and 497 students earned certificates.
- Ohlone College employs approximately 500 part-time and full-time faculty and 210 support and management personnel.
[From the Ohlone College Catalog, 2017-2018.]
- Highlights and Good News about Ohlone College
- Good News Reports by the President to the Board of Trustees
- Vision, Mission, Values, and Goals
- The Community College System
- History of Ohlone College
- Administration / President's Staff
- Job Opportunities
- Associate Degrees and Certificates
- Events Calendar